The island nation of Malta is located in the Mediterranean Sea, south of Italy. The country is known for its liberal gaming laws and licensing online casinos. The MGA (Malta Gaming Authority) was established in 2001 as the LGA (Lotteries and Gaming Authority). The MGA licenses online casinos, which are often considered the first ones to set legal rules for both land-based and online gambling industries.
Gambling Licenses provided by MGA
The Malta Gaming Authority offers four different types of licenses.
- Class 1 – Operators can self-manage their risk by limiting the number of consecutive games played.
- Class 2 – A license created for betting on sports events.
- Class 3 licensees are allowed to run remote gaming, including betting and lotteries, in or from Malta and receive a percentage of the profits.
- Class 4 licenses are for hosting and managing remote gaming operations.
List with the most popular MGA Licensed Casinos
A few important points about Malta casino sites
- Casinos that feature MGA-licensed software from top companies like Play’n Go, Evolution Gaming, NetEnt, and Microgaming offer players a smooth and comfortable gaming experience.
- Gaming Selection: The best Malta casinos offer a wide range of games, making it easy for players to find something they like. Malta authorities issue their licenses to websites that have a decent array of games, so players can find something they enjoy.
- The Malta government has taken steps to ensure that the players are protected. They evaluate each casino that wants to do business in their country, looking at such things as gaming rules, terms, payment policies and safety systems.
- Besides the basics, there are plenty of other features that make Malta casinos a great choice. These include language options for players and customer support to help out with any questions or problems you might have.
Malta is a popular destination for European players looking for casino action, and the island’s casinos have an extensive array of games, including slots and table games. In order to operate a legitimate and trustworthy Malta casino, all operators must have a license granted by the Malta Gaming Authority.
Main Responsibilities behind MGA Licensed Casinos
Here are some important points to keep in mind when choosing a Maltese casino.
- The responsible gaming sector advocates for responsible gambling.
- Protection of minors
- Security of player funds very seriously.
- Gaming development helps Malta grow and prosper
- Gaming companies can be licensed to operate online.
- License Monitoring