If you are an avid bettor in Europe, you may be interested to know that there are offshore casinos that offer punters an incredible gaming moment without any restrictions. If you live in Iceland, this review of the best casinos by country will give you all the information you need to find a great gambling experience.
The best online casinos in Iceland
Because online casinos are illegal in Iceland, all of the country’s online gambling sites are operated by foreign bookmakers. The government doesn’t have any issues with these companies, so there are many of them in Iceland.
Although gambling is illegal in Iceland, the government does not limit the currency that can be used for online gaming. Therefore, punters can use the Iceland Krona to pay for their gaming experience.
Which are the Best Casinos in Iceland?
|Welcome Offer100% up to $200 + 100 FSClaim Bonus|
Unibet is a modern bookmaker with tons of experience in the online gaming arena. The company was established in 1997 and went online in 1999. It is owned by Kindred Group PLC, a publicly traded company listed on the Stockholm stock exchange. Unibet holds licenses from the Malta Gaming Authority and other regulatory bodies around the world, including Australia, France and Sweden.+ Show More
|Welcome OfferFortuneJack No Deposit Bonus|
FortuneJack, our #1 pick for the best online casino, was established in 2014 but has been functional for almost seven years. The site operates under a license granted by the government of Curacao.
FortuneJack has a wide range of games in its casino, sportsbook, dice and live casino. You can choose from different odd types and enjoy the best services including customer support, payment methods, and an easily navigable betting site.+ Show More
|Welcome OfferWelcome Bonus up to €300|
22bet offers a variety of betting options, including sportsbook, casino and TV games. It also features virtual sports and live casino for a great mobile experience.
This is a bookmaker with a license to serve customers in Kenya, Nigeria and Tanzania. The company has licenses from the Government of Curacao and several local authorities, as well as a license from the European Union.+ Show More
NordicBet was established in 2002. It is owned and operated by BML Group, but in 2013, it was acquired by Betsson Group. Currently, the bookmaker holds licenses from both Malta Gaming Authority and Denmark's Spillemyndigheden.
Nordicbet offers a wide range of games, including sports betting, casino games and poker. The sportsbook brings you events from all over the globe, while the casino offers a variety of games and slots. Virtual sports is for video game lovers, but it can also be an excellent replacement for other sections when boredom sets in.+ Show More
Ranking Criteria at a Glance
To help you find the best Icelandic casinos, we’ve compiled a list of factors that you should consider when choosing a site. Each of these contributes to providing you with a fun and rewarding betting experience.
- We select casino that have the best navigational features, fast loading speed, and clean outlook.
- We’ve selected the best bookmakers out there, so you can enjoy the most attractive bonuses and promotions.
- Odds are the chances of an event occurring. A bookmaker’s odds will determine how much you can win if your bet is successful. Markets are the different ways of betting on an event.
- In order to make it easier for you to find the best online casinos in Iceland, we check the payment methods offered by each casino. We only suggest online casino that offer a wide variety of payment methods so that you don’t have to spend time searching for one.
Iceland Online Betting Scene
Iceland allows gambling in some forms, such as at casinos and through lottery tickets. However, other types of gambling are illegal. Betting services are offered by both local companies and offshore bookmakers.
Below, we will look at the laws regarding gambling in Iceland. We will also examine the country’s betting industry.
Are Icelandic betting sites legit?
Sports betting, lotteries, and slot halls are legal in Iceland. However, this law applies only to certain scenarios where the companies organizing these events are non-profit.
The University of Iceland lottery, first held in 1933, was an excellent example of this. The winnings were used to support the university and paved the way for gambling for charity or social causes in Iceland today.
Do casinos restrict Icelanders?
Punters in Iceland have an ample opportunity to enjoy an online gaming moment, as there are no restrictions that these online offshore betting companies place on the citizens of this country.
Is there any tax on winnings?
Iceland law doesn’t recognize gambling as a profession, so online gamblers in Iceland don’t have to pay taxes on their winnings.
But, in some places, gambling companies that operate legally are required to pay taxes or channel their proceeds to social causes.
Icelandic gamblers enjoy a variety of offers from international casinos, including the following:
- Deposit bonuses are offered to customers when they deposit money into their online betting accounts. The bonus is usually a percentage of the amount deposited but does not exceed a certain amount. Deposit bonuses are given as a welcome bonus for new customers or for existing customers who want to try out new products offered by the online casinos.
- Some casinos in Iceland give you no deposit bonuses when you join them. If you don’t deposit any qualifying amount, you can still get a no deposit bonus from some casinos.
- Compensation bonuses are common among casinos. If you lose money on a bet, some casinos will offer you a cashback bonus to compensate for your losses.
- Many of the best betting sites in Iceland offer loyalty programs to their most loyal customers. These include free spins, free bets and invitations to exclusive events.
How to Bet Online in Iceland in 3 Simple Steps
If you have selected a casino from the list of best online casinos in Iceland, read on to know how to place your bets. The process is simple and doesn’t take much time:
- When you choose one of the four casinos we reviewed, go straight to the registration button and enter your details.
- Create a free account, then deposit funds through any of our convenient methods.
- Check out our gaming section and see if you want to play sports betting, casino games or another type of game.
- Select a market and examine it thoroughly.
- To place your bet, fill in the boxes on the bet slip and wait for the result of the event.
- When betting, it’s good to know what the odds mean. As an avid bettor, you’ll be able to assess the size of the odds and make an informed decision.
Betting Industry in Iceland – Things to Know
As is the case with betting industries in other countries, betting in Iceland has some unique features. To help you enjoy your betting experience here, let’s look at some of these attributes:
- Sports betting, casino betting, bingo, poker and scratch cards are all regulated gambling products. The lottery is also a regulated gambling product but it is not included in this list because it is not offered in all states.
- Getsa – State-owned gambling monopolist, Offshore casinos
- Active Players: 249,900
- The Financial Services Authority is the designated authority in Iceland.
- You must be at least 18 years old to gamble in Iceland.
- Iceland is not known for its football teams, but football betting is very common there.
- The income from gambling is not taxed because gambling is not considered a profession.
- The country has no laws or restrictions on offshore gambling casinos.
What are the most Popular Sports Bets in Iceland?
Icelandic people enjoy betting on the following sports:
- Horse racing
When you’re making your choice of betting sites in Iceland, it’s important to look for a casinos that offers you the services you need most.
Mobile Apps for Punting
Nowadays, it is common to check if your casinos offers special mobile applications or mobile means of betting. This is because the convenience of mobile betting makes it possible for you to place your bets wherever you are. You don’t need a computer–just a phone!
In light of this new development, some of the best betting sites in Iceland have developed apps or mobile websites for wagers. For example, Nordicbet, 22bet, and Unibet have created an app that allows players to bet on their favorite games from anywhere. FortuneJack hasn’t been left behind either; they created their own mobile app so players can enjoy playing on their smartphones or tablets.
Top Bookie in Iceland
For bettors in Iceland, Nodepositslots.org is the best choice for analyzing bookmakers. This pick is non-other than FortuneJack!
FortuneJack is a modern online bookmaker that offers its clients a chance to enjoy different games and sports betting options. The company’s reputation is well-known in the industry thanks to its fast processing of payments and high odds.
The following payment methods are accepted by the best betting sites in Iceland:
- Bank cards: Visa, MasterCard, and Maestro are accepted.
- Electronic wallets like PayPal, Neteller and Skrill can be used to deposit and withdraw money from your online casino account.
You can pay for your purchase using bank transfers, debit cards like Visa electron and some other methods.
Nodepositslots.org Conclusion for Icelandic casinos
Gambling is illegal in Iceland, but there is no specific regulation that arrests offshore casinos in the country. Consequently, hundreds of betting sites serve players from Iceland. This guide will help you find a nice place to spend your leisure time by providing a few top recommendations from the experts at Nodepositslots.org.
Are winnings in Iceland taxable?
Winning money in Iceland is tax-free! This means that you can keep every penny you win, and use it however you wish.
How can I choose the best Icelandic casinos?
If you want to know the top casinos in Iceland, then this guide is for you. It includes four recommendations for Icelandic betting sites.
Can I be put in jail for gambling in Iceland?
Yes, you can gamble in Iceland without fear of imprisonment. This is due to a ruling made by the European Union court in 2016.
When will gambling be legalized in Iceland?
We are not sure about the government’s position on offshore casinos. But there is no pressure from the government on these sites, so punters can have a good time betting online.